Throwback Thursday: “50 Things We Won’t Be Doing in FL”…a Post Revisited and Commented On.
I thought it would be fun to revisit old blog posts and comment on the REAL of what happened from the HOPE and WISH that I made statements on before we moved to Florida. Basically it’s like revisiting your journal of 10 years ago and having a good laugh at the optimism you once had and how things really did wind up. The original blog post is below, with my answers and clap backs in BOLD. Enjoy- I did!
50 Things We Won’t Be Doing in FL
Well, it’s list time again, since we did it at our 300 and 100 day marks, so why not another list for our 50 day mark? Exactly! I thought it would be fun to focus on what we won’t be doing in Florida, since we have it pretty much memorized what we WILL be doing when we get there.
1. We won’t be shoveling any snow…….(Yes, this was correct.)
2. We won’t be slipping on any ice……(Correct.)
3. We can leave our homes in the hottest weather and still not worry about freezing to death….(BUT we can have a HEAT STROKE at any time! LOL)
4. We won’t be cooped up in our home for 6 months because life stands still when it’s cold out. (Again, the heat and humidity will keep you indoors too!)
5. We won’t be worrying about snowy road conditions (Correct…just bad traffic now)
6. No longer will we hear “Snow Storm Tiffany” is hitting our area this weekend (Just “Hurricane Tiffany” now LOL)
7. We won’t be paying State Taxes (True- but now we have Tolls)
8. We will never again say “I’m bored” (My kids would disagree on this)
9. We won’t have to plan a trip to WDW anymore, we get to just go. (Pending on the Season, time of day, etc…)
10. We won’t have to worry about waiting in line, if it’s too long, we will ride it another day. (Flight of Passage is a perfect example)
11. We will never have nothing to blog about while living minutes from WDW. (True, but I still have to be in the “mood” to write when and how I want)
12. We will never again have to make sure that each child has winter boots. (But they are still really stylish here, so there’s that)
13. We will never have a dry swim suit in FL- we will be in the pools quite a bit this summer. (First couple of years yes, now, not so much)
14. We won’t ever complain there is nowhere to go out to eat for something different (Correct, we found that we just complain about the traffic now to get there).
15. We won’t ever again crave a Dole Whip and feel bummed because we can’t have one (Well, I mean, you have to have the money still for it)
16. We won’t miss the Meets (LOL…. Sure)
17. We won’t miss out on all of the friends going to WDW and meeting up with others (I still do)
18. We won’t have to deal with Scott Walker and the endless drama in WI (Don’t care)
19. We won’t ever have to look far for a Water Park (Too bad none of us like them)
20. We won’t have to hope it doesn’t rain, let it rain, we are locals! (Love the rain, can’t stand the life threatening Lightening here)
21. We will never again have to cancel plans because of the winter storms and weather (Meh, you still cancel when it’s pouring or it’s way too cold here, or something is on TV)
22. We won’t be cold when it hits the 30s in FL, just enjoy the taste of WI for that time period (HAH!!! Was I high when I wrote this?? WE ARE COLD IN THE 30s, and 40s…)
23. We won’t ever wonder what we are doing after school/work (Sure we do, it’s PLEASE DEAR GOD LET ME GET HOME on I4 ALIVE)
24. I will never again have to wonder if I am ever going to meet people. (Yeah, not sure why I wondered that, ever).
25. I won’t ever be doing Everest, RnRc, or Primevil Whirl (LMAO….JUST did Everest with bestie Kim a few weeks ago…)
26. I won’t be worrying about who likes me or who doesn’t, my family comes first, always has, always will (Ah, words of wisdom by past me, perhaps I should’ve read this sooner)
27. We won’t be waiting long to plug into a church- God knows he has a church family waiting for us somewhere (Have visited 4 Churches since living here, and still looking)
28. I won’t stress over schools- I believe that God will help Craig and I find the best ones for the kids. (LOL Oh DEAR GOD. Laughing at what really happened with Schools, not that God wouldn’t be there for us- of course he was)
29. I won’t be bringing WI baggage to FL- emotional and personal things that have affected me in my life will stay there- FL is a new beginning for everyone. (You know, it looks good on paper, but sometimes that emotional stuff has a way of not letting go)
30. I will never take a Palm Tree for granted (Until one bit me…yes, they are pains to trim)
31. We will never again have to sit and wonder what our lives would be like living in FL (True)
32. We won’t have to wait to create a new dream- we will thinking of another one on the way to FL (Yes and No…the move was a lot to process, so the “dreaming” of the next big thing would take some time later)
33. We will never have to say “I can stop over, unless it’s snowing” (Nope, now I say “I can come over, unless it’s rush hour)
34. We will never have to worry about a warm sunny day one day, then snow the next (Nope, just one day hotter, and the next day hotter, and so on)
35. We won’t ever take Walt Disney World for granted (Ummmmm)
36. I won’t take any friendship I have for granted- you know who you are, and I love you! (This stands true, and y’all still should know who you are, because we are friends still today!)
37. I won’t worry about the heat and humidity, it’s FL, get over it (Sure……geesh I was cocky)
38. We won’t worry about Park crowds, avoid what we can (Again, was I drunk when I wrote this????)
39. We won’t have to listen to Magical Mouse Radio or Mouseworld Radio and fantasize about being there… we will BE there! (True, the music is better IN person)
40. We won’t have to feel bad about missing “Night of Joy” or the Festivals anymore (Or ever since it’s been cancelled)
41. We won’t have to deal with all of the endless stuff we have accumulated over the years, once the garage sale is done, our lives fit into 2 vehicles and 22 bins. (Funny, 22 bins…not only my lucky number but probably 3 times that now)
42. We won’t have to move any furniture, we get too buy new in FL and have it set up (Also we got to sleep on the hard floor for days on end waiting for said new furniture to show up, OH HAPPY DAYS!!!)
43. Carl, like here, won’t have to commute at all… working at home is a sweet deal! (Craig still works at home)
44. I won’t have to work unless I want to- taking care of the family’s needs come first, especially this first year. (And then they are young adults and there ya go)
45. We won’t ever have to worry about losing the winter weight (although we won’t have any excuses now lol) (Here it should be called Theme Park weight because its easy to gain with so many food choices now!)
46. We won’t come out of April looking pasty white anymore- a normal color would be nice. (Red, BRIGHT red, or South Florida is Raisin Brown….or “Bacon”)
47. We won’t have to worry if we need a winter coat or shorts in the Spring and Fall (Just had my Winter Coat on recently, now I did say Spring and Fall so the Courts will allow)
48. We will never have to wonder what cool Resort to try out next (Nope, just wonder how we are going to pay for them)
49. We won’t ever have to wonder if the Packers will go back to the Super Bowl- they did it for us before we left. (Well, that’s the journey honestly every year, you hope your Team does, and then you rinse, repeat, and do it all over again the following year)
50. We won’t ever again have a basement to fill with endless junk. (Well, when we moved back to WI for a brief time in 2016, we had a basement again which we filled AGAIN. On top of that, the garage is now what our basement used to be.)
I hope the list entertained you, it did for us! We can’t believe our 100 day chain is now half its size, and that we are getting so close. Thanks again for everyone who supports and loves us, it means everything.
God Bless your day!
Yeah, that happened.
Donations for Content
Going from “What If? to “Why Not” is my life motto and I work hard at living that every day. I share everything from moving to Florida to live near Disney World to road trips across the States. I love the cool, quirky, and crazy stuff that I can find on my Adventures, and every dollar you donate helps support my efforts and hard work. Thank you to ALL who support me!